The first sighting of frog spawn in the pond says it all. Spring is on its way.
These early embryos may not all survive the remaining blasts of winter.
But some will. And the next will fare better.
This is wild hope in action.
And the lessons are free.
Pause. See differently. Re-story 🌿
Hope as a thread because I need it, and I suspect you do, too.
- Monday: Noticing the little shifts in colour
- Tuesday: The invitation of wild hope (poem)
- Wednesday: Hope for the other – a midweek Pause for Peace
- Thursday: Hope doesn’t have sharp elbows! (Gideon Heugh poem)
- Friday: There is only now
A few good words
This poem has become a touchstone for me this week. So, I hope you don’t mind my sharing it again.
Untamed…+ Sue Heatherington
Not packaged in
little sachets you can
buy at the chemist,
nor order online
like a quick fix for
Wild hope is free,
and costs everything.
Just watch the birds,
they don’t have plan B.